Palworld has taken the gaming world by storm. With its unique and imaginative mixing of various games and genres, the game has broken record after record and has gone on to have more players than gaming giants like CS2 and Baldur’s Gate 3. Now, Pocketpair, the developer behind Palworld, has released its biggest update and we have the Palworld patch notes right here.
Updates for Palworld rolled out on both the Steam and Xbox versions of the game, and although the version numbers are different, they both address the same types of issues. Fans will be happy to know that one of the issues fixed is the infamous dungeon crashing error. Filled with technical and server-related fixes, here is everything you can expect to say in Palworld patch notes today.
Read More About: Unveiling Palworld 1.3: Palworld Update Fixes Game Exploits
Palworld Patch Notes For Steam Version v0.1.4.0 and Xbox Version v0.1.1.3
Without further ado, here are all of the Palworld patch notes included in the biggest Palworld update yet.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue where if another player’s pal/base pal had HP 30% or less, it could be captured by using a sphere.
- Fixed an issue where enemy pals would get stuck in walls due to charge attacks.
- Implemented the first fix for an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the guild’s total number of pals captured reached around 7000.
- The game no longer crashes even if the total number of captured objects exceeds 7000.
It should be noted that while this version fixed the error that causes your game to crash when the number of captured objects exceeds 7000, save data that has already been in this state prior to the update will still be unable to load. Therefore, users might have to create a new saved data to ensure the fix takes effect.
- Added support for mouse side keys and numeric keypad in keyboard key configuration.
The patch notes state that further changes are currently in the planning phase, which means fans can expect to see things like support for interact key configuration in future updates.
- Fixed an issue where players on dedicated servers and co-op (online) were receiving damage twice.
- Specifications have been changed so that you can move at extremely low speed even when you have exceeded the weight limit.
- Players will no longer pass through walls when dismounting.
- Fixed an issue where capture power strengthened by Lifmunk Effigies was reset when using memory reset drugs.
- Fixed an issue where armor could be equipped in the wrong slot.
- Adjusted camera positions of several Pals to make it easier to see when mounted.
- Specifications have been changed so that Pals who are manually assigned to a breeding farm will not become hungry and their manual assignments will not be removed.
- The key to lift Pals has been changed from F → V (Pad: X → Y) in order to prevent accidents.
- Reduced the speed and range of fire spreading on wooden buildings.
- Fixed an issue where manual work assignments could not be set at all under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where extremely high-level Relaxaurus would attack the base during raids.
- Added several measures to prevent base Pals from getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue where Pals would get stuck while transporting items and would drop them on the spot.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would continue to cut down trees that were already cut.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base were on the verge of death due to unexplained falling damage.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would float under some conditions.
- Fixed an issue where if a farm was built on the second floor or above, work pals would be unable to move on the floors below.
- Corrected incorrect text
- Measures have been added to prevent cheating and stealing other players’ Pals.
- Many other minor fixes such as the addition of a UI key guide.
When Will These Palworld Updates Come Out?
Good news fellow Palworld enjoyers! Both the Steam and Xbox version updates for the Palworld patch notes we shared are already out and ready to download. While the Steam version received its update first on February 1, 2024, the Xbox version was quick to follow suit and received its update on February 2, 2024.
When Will Palworld Add Crossplay?
Unfortunately, we’re sure most of you were left disappointed at seeing that the game has not implemented the crossplay feature as of yet. Fortunately, you likely won’t have to wait too long before being able to play the game with friends on other platforms, as the developers have stated that they plan to add the crossplay feature in a future update.
As a matter of fact, the official Palworld X account put out a post showing fans the official planned roadmap for the game, and the following features were included in the planned future updates section:
- Raid Bosses (End-Game Content)
- Pal Arena (PvP for Pals)
- Steam-Xbox Crossplay
- Various Xbox Feature Improvements
- Server Transfers and Migrations
- Improvements to the Building System
- New islands, Pals, Bosses, and Technologies.
What this means is that although the update that just came out has not added any of these features, you can expect future updates to include them. As for when they’ll be made available, with the massive success of the game and the revenue it has generated, we predict that most of these features will be added in 2024.
With that, you now know everything about Palworld’s patch notes today. Are you excited to jump into an improved version of Palworld where you don’t have to restart the game thanks to constant crashes? While you’re here, how about checking out which Palworld Pals look like Pokemon?